Saturday, July 22, 2006

And then there were two!

Sock number one...finally finished



..but then I went to the yarn shop in Guelph...they were finally open!
And I saw some beautiful yarn there...(that I didn't buy..but I can't get it out of my head!)
I did buy this bluey greeny stuff for Audrey's Sophie bag (Julie Anderson - Black Sheep Bags)

Sooooo...I just wanted to quit the socks...and start on the bag...it was killing me...but I resisted...and finished the socks first.... Joel's socks are done done done! Yeah!
I had to rip the first one out about half way...because it was turning out to be about 12 inches long! But...now I think they are a good size...I hope.



Ha!, So...I finished the cuff on the 2nd sock last night...wove in the ends...and then cast on for the bag!....Here's a pretty picture of my yarn.. and what I have done so far on the bag...I really hope it works out...since I've never felted anything before...I'm kinda nervous. (I wasn't sure about it at first...but the more I see it...the more I really love the colour...it looks fabulous with the brown shirt and beige pants I was wearing yesterday...which makes me think it will be a good purse accent colour)






I can't wait to see how it all turns out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NICE SOCKS! Hey, what is the deal with you and Guelph? Are you working there? Ophelia