Sunday, December 28, 2008

Bad blogger...

I am a very spurty blogger aren't I. No posts, no posts, no posts, then 6 posts, then no posts, no posts, no posts.... so inconsistent. I'd make a resolution not to do that...but it would just make me feel bad when I don't keep up...so...it is what it is...I am what I am...a bad..and spurty blogger. Sorry :-)

So, since I'm so spurty I have a few things to show you....I'll move from most recent, and move backwards through time. Here is H in his new very VERY thick hat. His last hat was knit in a cotton blend, because he didn't want it to be too warm. He said his head gets too hot in most hats, but too cold without one. It serves it's purpose for the not so frigid days when he doesn't have to be out for too long, but now since his building moved he has about a 10-15minute walk outside to his office from our parking lot and his head gets tooooo cold. So, I grabbed some lion brand wool ease thick and quick and found a quick pattern on ravelry called Brangelina. He doesn't like the name because he thought it was girlie...but I convinced his it's a perfectly acceptable man hat.I have his full permission to post these pics because he actually likes how he looks in these pictures...which is really very unusual for him...he rarely likes pictures of himself. I glad he likes these ones...I do too :-)

I started this scarf a bit before Christmas on a whim. I think if I eventually finish it I'll give it to H's father. It's a really nice and very simple pattern. I've already recommended it to a couple of newer knitters one who was struggling with a plain ribbed scarf and getting discouraged because she saw no progress....I hear she's liking this pattern much better. I guess I'm not the only one who finds ribbing so tedious I want to poke a needle into my eye.
Oh, and I can't believe I forgot to blog the mitered mitts when they were finished. This is such a great pattern. The more I knit the more I appreciate the ingenuity of Elizabeth Zimmerman. I must admit that when I first saw much of her stuff I thought it was all frumpy and old fashioned (gasp! I know....I said it outloud too!), but now I see much of it as classic, or if not classic, then a lesson in how to make it classic or change it to your own design based on techniques that you learn from following her. These mittens though...I think they are just classic and elegant. I love them...I picture them in black or white and a very fine weight yarn going all the way up your arms with an elegant evening gown (I guess you'd want fingers then though huh?), but these are just normal toasty warm wool mitts.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hey those look like my mittens. Oh wait, you knit yours first! I gave mine away and the recipient loved them. I like H's hat. If I had that long of a walk in the cold I'd be jogging.

Tracy Batchelder said...

The hat turned out just right and so did the mittens. Everything looks great! And, it okay to blog in spurts.

cinnamongirl93 said...

All of your nice look so cozy and warm. Way to go!
Happy New Year!!!