Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Lucky Year!

I won a guessing contest over at The Tangled Arts a couple of weeks ago (seriously...I won something...and more than once this year! I'm really not usually someone who ever wins! ...but on to my yarn!)

Trish knit a beautiful blanket for her daughter (the kind that I've drooled over for a while..so I tried to make a simple dishcloth in a similar type of pattern, but I messed it up...and frogged it...anyways...back to my new yarn)

The contest was to guess how many ends Trish had to weave in when she finished that blanket...and I won! So, here's what she sent me:
See that...it's Lime & Violet Sasquatch sock yarn and the colourway is "Midnight in the garden of loopy". Hehe, and look...the skein is all loopy :-) It makes me giggle....I love that name.
I suck at taking pictures that actually look like the object I'm taking pictures of...but I think this one maybe shows the colour a bit better.....it's probably actually somewhere between the dark and light pictures... I love it I love it!It's really fueling my recently found love for sock yarn, and staring at it, squishing it, spending far too much time on Ravelry deciding what pattern I should knit out of it. Oh, how I love the yarn.

Thank you Trish! You rock!

Oh, and seriously...she just posted her knits of 2008...man...I aspire....to knit even half...heck..who am I kidding, if I finished a quarter of that knitting I'd think I'd done pretty awesome!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm thinking monkeys with this yarn. what about you?

Tracy Batchelder said...

You'll have fun with that yarn!

cinnamongirl93 said...

What pretty yarn!
You sure are lucky this year. Congrat's to you!!!