Saturday, January 17, 2009

Help me decide (assuming I'll get as far as casting on)

In case you feel like voting....I think I need another big warm cozy sweater...since I have one that fits this description...and I wear it at home constantly...maybe it needs a buddy to take the pressure off of it.

Soooooo..I did a quick browse through for patterns for a big comfy sweater/jacket type wintery warm thing to knit. They are all ravelry links... Let me know if you take a look..which are your favs.

My criteria are: fat yarn, big needles, fast knit, cozy, collar or something cozy right up to the neck, comfortable so not too form fitting, but not so sloppy that I have to take it off to do things (know what I mean). warm, so even the ones with a tie front I'd probably alter so that they closed all the way down.

thick-knit-car-coat

109-19-jacket-in-symphony

petra

sedum

one-more-notch

77-vine-lace-top-down-cardigan

Hmmmm, I'm also open to any other suggestions you might have :-)

6 comments:

Balkan Style Bloggers said...

I vote for Sedum.

I have a whole bag of chunky wool ready to knit the 103-1 Jacket in Eskimo or Silke-Alpaca with A-shape from Drops Designs. You could lengthen the sleeves and have a nice toasty cardigan with that pattern as well. There's just too much to choose from.

Good luck.

Nadine

cinnamongirl93 said...

This was a real tough vote.......I looked at all of the patterns and would most likely knit the thick knit car coat. I have to admitt that I really liked all of the patterns.
Keep us posted as to what you decide to make.

Jennifer said...

This is hard. You know what I think you should make is http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/aran-coat-wg-6 . It's in EZ's knitting around book.

based on your options I'd choose the thick knit car coat or just us EZ's EPS and knit with out a pattern. That would be exciting.

Tracy Batchelder said...

My favorite out of this list is the Vine Lace Cardigan. They are all nice though, so I don't think you can make a bad choice.

Anonymous said...

I vote for Sedum, lovely. A runner up choice is the 77-vine-lace. Both look very cozy.

Eliot said...

Sedum looks the coziest to me. Also looks like a very quick knit. Good luck with this!