Saturday, January 10, 2009

MMM comfort soup and knitting

I have been doing some knitting...steadily actually on one thing!
The first picture here is my swatch..so you can actually see the stitch pattern...it's very simple but makes a nice little detail.
And this is how much I've got done. There is a long way to go...but lot's of relaxing over the holidays gave me a pretty good start. It's to be a tank top...a rather big one with room for expansion...I'm thinking ahead here, it's for some reason encouraging to me to be knitting this.
Pattern: Anjou sleeveless top (ravelry link).
This morning/afternoon I made a nice warm comforting soup. We got one of those spiral hams on sale after Christmas, so I saved the bone and some of the meat. I've never made a ham soup before (never have I bought one of those hams before either). I did some internet searching and found a recipe to loosely follow.... but I changed most of it based on my likes and availability of ingredients.Potatoes, green onions, carrots.... some spices (celery salt because I had no celery)Quite a bit of left over ham....I like lot's of meat in soups.It's a very thick soup...lot's of stuff in it...just the way I like it. I actually made it a cream soup...but the picture of that just looked like, well, cream, so I showed this one...before making it creamy....
Yumm!
I'm even eating the carrots instead of picking them out ...hehe

3 comments:

Tracy Batchelder said...

That top is going to be really cute!

Jennifer said...

Your soup looks so yummy and healthy. I'm glad to see the top working out. I'm still a bit shocked that you swatched AND washed it. Maybe I'm just so lazy that I can't imagine someone doing what "they" say to do. :)

cinnamongirl93 said...

Looks great! Any other news?

The soup pictures are fantastic! I have a left over ham bone in the freezer just waiting for something like this post. Yum!