Wednesday, November 24, 2010

She looks cozy….doesn’t she?

So, I really have to confess that I have coveted those cute cute little carseat cozy thingies with the zips up the side.  I went looking at them….the one’s I saw were $90.   Maybe there are more affordable ones somewhere else…but anyways…I didn’t buy one.   All the cool kids have them though!
Not long after I was looking at them I was reading the blogs I frequent…and guess what I saw!  This pattern! 
And here’s what I made
001
I used a big chunk on fleece that I actually bought over 5 years ago from the remnants pile…didn’t do anything with and ended up using as a blanket,  and I used the flannel that I got on sale at fabricland before Ruby was born for $1.99 a yard!  So, this cost less than $10 including the purchase of the pattern! 
It’s a pdf pattern, so you just download it and print in on your printer and tape the sheets together, no waiting.  It was really easy to follow (even for a beginner like me…although I did make a mistake…it’s not like there wasn’t a very clear instruction with a big photo right there…but…I somehow ignored it..lol), so yes, clear instructions with pictures showing you what to do at every step and really clear explanations. 
Love it love it…. see how cozy she looks SmileI put it in her stroller yesterday and it was wonderful in there too!

Edit:  Oh look!  Now's she's famous!  :-)

1 comment:

Tracy Batchelder said...

There are so many cute things for babies these days. You did a great job on this cover!