Tuesday, April 12, 2011

5 years...

Wow,  So, We've been married for 5 years.   This is the first year that we won't be celebrating on the actual day...   we have secured childcare for tomorrow..yay!  So we will do our yearly trip to Red Lobster...Mmmmm...   to reenact our wedding meal... but I usually end up with more shrimp than lobster, and usually not steak at all because so close to summer I feel like I may as well cook that myself on the bbq...ha!

How amazing my life is.   How blessed I am!  What a wonderful husband (now a father) I have been given.  How can one person be so lucky..... well...they can't.  I am often struck by how undeserving I am of my life (yes...even though I totally whine about things...shame on me!),  what a gracious and merciful God I have, that He would give me all of this, despite who I am. 

I looked back through our wedding photos...wow...   I love them.....  I loved my dress...I felt amazing....  it was the one and only time in my life that I have ever been happy with my body and how I looked, even if I did still think I needed to lose 15lbs.   Here I sit 5 years later, 54 lbs heavier than when we left for our wedding.  Wow, that is motivating (please, let that be motivating enough) to finally kick things into gear and lose this weight...UGG... I hate being huge... HUGE....  it must end....

...now...where are those chocolate chips....

1 comment:

Jon & Christa said...

Happy Anniversary Beautiful (and you ARE!)! Love you two (you 3 now I guess!)! Congrats on 5 wonderful years of companionship and sanctification... cause that is totally what marriage offers/forces down your throat! lol

Hope you have a great meal out tomorrow... remember to talk about more than just Ruby! :)

Love you!