Tuesday, March 24, 2015

...but what if...that was all for Jesus?

Recently I went to a conference.  The conference was put on by the company I'm working with, and it was so much fun.  Really, I loved it,...and....I got away from the busyness of home for a night, which was refreshing and made so many things seem possible. 

So, this conference, this was really about network marketing, and sharing this product, which I love.   I love it so much, and I feel sooooo much better, and have so much more energy (most of the time...I'm still a mom of three littles and I still stay up too late), it seems to spill over into all areas of my life.  I'm more productive!  I'm decorating the house, and getting more reading done, and I'm able to do so much more because I feel good.  This makes me want to share it with everyone!   Good news!  You can feel better!

Now this conference is about learning how to share this wonderfulness with others.  There was a lot of listening to successful people.  There were people there who have made LOADS of money, people who have made lots of money, people there who have made some money, and also people who are just starting out.   They're all talking about sharing this, and how to do that.  

It's wonderful training really.  Not at all specific to the nutrition system I'm using (although other parts of the day were), this particular session of the day was really about network marketing skills.

So, there we are, we have this wonderful gift, here is how to share it with others!
Whisper:  but what if the gift we were talking about sharing with people was Jesus

People are excited!  They're telling stories, we're doing little exercises to be effective speakers, and we're doing little practice things
Whisper:  imagine if all these people were this excited to share the gift of salvation through Jesus

We're learning that we should have a 30 second story.  We should know our 30 second story because if you want to share something, you don't have much time, because peoples interest is not going to last through your 20 minute ramble.   We make our 30 second stories, and practice telling them to each other.    All of this is so far out of any sort of comfort zone, this feels stupid.  I feel stupid.  
Hmmmm:  ...but I recall Cory teaching that we should have our 30 second story.  

Over, and over, and over throughout the day, I just kept being hit with this:  How many people could be reached if this many people had this much passion for sharing the Gospel!!!

Well, that's really not a very eloquent post, but this has been rolling around in my head since February 7th.  Really.  February 7th.  I seriously sometimes just lay in bed and think about it.  Anything at all I do to learn about any business related stuff at all....I think of it.   All I can think of, when I think of business, of any kind (other than my work in the lab) is..... What would or could happen, if all of this effort, and all of this stepping out of comfort zones, all of this pushing ourselves (myself) further, all of this making contacts, and just seeing if people are interested, just saying "it's here if you're interested" what if all of this was done, not to build any sort of business at all,... What if this was all done, to build God's kingdom instead.  

What if one person could be saved, because instead of telling them about a product, I told them that the bible says that they are not alone, that every one has sinned, but there is good news!    Jesus died on a cross to pay the price for our sin, so that we can be saved!   All we have to do, is accept the incredible gift of salvation, through Jesus Christ, and follow him.  That's it.  

There is nothing that I can do to save anyone.  That's not my job, but it is my job to tell people that Jesus can.  

So there you have it.  I'm not sure where this all leads, I don't know if I'll be pursuing any business (likely just dabbling), I don't know what I'll be doing, but I do know, that there is a sort of conviction hitting me, that if I'm going to put forth so much effort to spread the good news about something, it had better be the good news of salvation through Jesus Christ!    Nutrition is awesome, but that's of this world...and we are far more concerned with your health for eternity than we are with your health here on earth!  

I'm certainly no expert on biblical matters.  Wow, nope, not me, but if you happen to stumble upon this and want to know more, I can tell you all I know, and I can find you a bible, and I can help you find the answers you're looking for.   I myself, have been blessed beyond belief with a wonderful church family, and I'm sure if you have questions that I can't answer, I'll be able to find someone who can.

Lots of love.

Debbie


No comments: